01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Dance instructors?

Just wondering how other clubs run their dance lessons.

Do you change instructors very often or do you stick with the same ones?

Re: Dance instructors?

Anyone?

Hello?

112 people have read this and not one person can shed and light on the subject?

In my opinion most of the R&R dance clubs are hinged around the instructor, I have been a member of only one club that changes it's instructor regularly, it was quite a large club with over 500 members, now this club ran a full blown theme type dance with band every month. The club put out what you might call expressions of interest to dance teachers, for a quote to have them teach R&R, Swing and other dances for a 12 month period, for this the teacher would get a guarantee for possibly up to 100 students, sometimes more, split over 3 lessons on one night a week, remuneration would be as per the teachers quote per student. In my way of thinking this was a great idea, but I reckon lots of smaller dance clubs would fold if the originating instructor was to leave. There are lots of dancer groups who call themselves "something rockers" and are taught by a certain Dance teacher, they are not really a club in the full sense of the word though. I am not a member of any dance club or dance association now.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

We are a small, member based club, with around 100 members, only 30 of them are really active though.

It is the opinion of myself and some, but not all members, that if we rotated through a few different instructors we might get more interest. Everybody has their favourite instructors and we know we can't accomodate everybody all the time, but we are willing to comprimise.

If there are any instructors williing to teach in the north east area I'd love to hear from you....

Great question ccole and many thanks to jgo for your input.

I do hope other R'n'R clubs will join in.

Don't be shy about naming your club. Publicity is good.
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

I belonged to a club for quite a few years with a teacher that has been there for a few years and in my opinion I think new teachers should be introduced every so often,the club becomes stale if not and can only progress if the teacher progresses which in a lot of cases does not happen,the teacher becomes obsessed with their way of teaching very often the teacher will take over the club and ran it for their benefit not the clubs,It is good to introduce new styles and techniques, as they say a change is as good as a holiday. I do not belong to this club anymore with that being one of the reasons