0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thread: Venues closing

Venues closing

What's happening? Ferntree Gully closing their sunday sessions, Craft Club Yarraville dance finishing and Little Maria's going monthly next year. Our dance choices are shrinking, I assume because the numbers are down and venues need to cover their costs.

Maybe we all need to make an effort to recruit more dancers to join in and keep the numbers viable? If every dancer made a point of introducing just one more person to the dance scene then surely the crowds would swell and the venues would continue to support the rock n rollers and we would all continue to benefit. We all need to be ambassadors and promote rock n roll to all our non dancing friends and family, and try to get more people interested, especially younger ones, before more venues close and we end up with nowhere to dance.

Maybe VRRDA can get a publicity campaign running to promote rock n roll dancing so more people know it exists. I only stumbled upon it by accident 9 years ago and wish I had known about all the dance lessons and venues long before that. Maybe we can all come up with some ideas of how to market the dance scene and together build up the numbers before more venues close.

Re: Venues closing

i have been involved with rock a billy for over 30 years. places come and places go. there are to many choices sometimes, most of them trying to compete with each other. this slowly kills it off from time to time. maybe we should all learn to get along because we all love the same types of music.it has always been this way and always will be.