Back from South Australia after the 'Horsham Rockers' dance with Knock, Knock, Rattle playing and DJ Jeff providing music during the breaks. The theme was British Invasion and red, white and blue balloons plus Union Jacks decorated the hall. The only thing missing was the roar of Spitfires overhead. Well done Committee. We arrived at Horsham around 2.00 pm and a local band, The Weekenders played non-stop until 5.00 pm, giving us an opportunity to warm up before the main event.

There were around 150 rockers from all over Victoria and some from South Australia. Horsham Rockers were there in force as one would imagine. Other tables were from Warrnambool, Mount Gambier., Adelaide and 50s Rockers from Bendigo. Colac were represented as were Terang, Hamilton, Melbourne, Portland and Swan Hill. And we were there from Cool Cat Rockers, Shepparton.

We liked the band as they played a good mixture of tempos giving me the opportunity to catch my breath and have a few puffs of Ventolin. Thanks band. DJ Jeff was, as always, fabulous. Thanks Jeff.

The committee had organised a competition in keeping with the theme where each table had the chance to identify twenty British Rock and Roll bands. Our table managed sixteen, but as we had a long drive the next day we left early ans have no idea who won. It was probably us cos we were very clever. Next morning we went to the Masonic hall for a free breakfast before heading off.

This dance not only provided funds for the club, but also helped other community organisations like Relay for Life, Angel Flight, Guide Dog Association, Wimmera Veterans Centre and Wimmera Legacy, as well as as donating to the Masonic Lodge to help paint the hall, and what a fabulous hall it is too. The club uses the hall each Friday night for a minimal charge. Being a Freemason myself, it was really nice to see the community contributing to the Lodge. We do a lot for many charities and school scholarships.

Although we didn't know a single other person there, the Horsham folk were very very welcoming and friendly. It was a mighty good two days at Horsham and we'll be back. We recommend it to all.