01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Post Help west coburg bowling club

Many rock'n rollers will have attended Adrian's dances at West Coburg Bowling Club and now the Club needs your help to retain their liquor licence hours. The City of Moreland is trying to force the Club to limit their liquor licence hours to 11.00am to 11.00pm. The Club wants as many people as possible to email the Mayor and Councillors to express support. Details of the Council's proposal and how and who to email are on the Club's Homepage: www.westcoburgbowlingclub.com.au

Re: Help west coburg bowling club

Those changes will kill off a lot of these little clubs that rely on functions for survival as they don't have pokies, and if 1 council does this then others will follow. I've sent an email and hope others do to. We will all be affected if these venues close and the bands and dancers will have less venues around.

Thanks for your support joceb, what you say is so true and the whole Save Live Australian Music is based on saving small venues. I'm disappointed that Vicrock didn't place this thread on their homepage as expected. I'll try again.

Cheers, Apples

Had a reply from the mayor saying "I agree with your comments" what ever that means. I know several people have also sent emails. Hopefully everyone on Vicrock will take the time to send an email and help support the venues that support us, especially today when we read that the sunday sessions at the Gully have finished.

Thanks again joceb. We've also had several positive replies from Councillors and the Mayor. We also had good publicity with photos in the 2 local papers this week. We are hopeful that the Councillors will support us when it goes to the Council meeting in early October which we will attend.

Moreland Council has postponed its decision on liquor licences until 13th November. We hope this is because of the email campaign and attention in the local media. We still need dancers to support the club: see our homepage-- http://www.westcoburgbowlingclub.com.au/

Just got this reply from one of the councillors. Keep up the emails!!

"Dear All,

I apologies for this broadcast email to all those that have contacted me regarding their displeasure with the proposed changes to the liquor licence. I am aware of your concerns, have been in contact with members of the club and am awaiting further feedback from council.

I appreciate your position and will attempt to support you where possible once all the facts have been presented in the coming weeks. I congratulate you on a very strong campaign, the emails have been constant and the efforts will not go un-noticed, nor I hope un-rewarded.

Kind regards,

Cr Rob Thompson
    North-East Ward | Moreland City Council"

Cr Thompson sent this to everyone who emailed and it is good feedback showing the campaign is working. Adrian & his dancers have emailed the Councillors as well so we are getting a lot of support.

Hi to Rock'n Roll dancers who have danced at and supported West Coburg Bowling Club.

Next Tuesday 12th November, The Project (Channel 10, 6.30 - 7.30pm) will have an item about our liquor licence dispute with Moreland City Council. The Council will decide the issue on Wednesday November 13th.

Thanks for your support on this matter.

Just hope the council listens to all the feedback they've been given.

We won! Moreland Council voted on Wednesday night to allow Bowling Clubs to keep their existing hours of operation with only minor changes to liquor licence requirements. Thanks to all our supporters in the Rock'n Roll community, especially Adrian's Dance and DJ Angelo for their help in our campaign to save our liquor licence and our club. Long Live Rock'n Roll!