0 Replies
Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

The Prairie Oysters at Daveys Bar

It must have been at least a couple of years since I last saw the Prairie Oysters playing at the Monash Hotel. The band has always been one of my favourite "country rock" bands in Melbourne and I just love listening and dancing to their music. From what I 've heard, the band nonetheless has been busy playing at various Country Music Festivals, Ute Muster events, pubs and clubs here in Victoria and interstate and of course, the popular Sunday sessions at the Hallam Hotel. It was also nominated for Best Group & Best Album in the Victorian National Country Music Awards in 2011.

With Tony on lead vocal and playing a mix of country rock favourites and classic tunes from the 1970's and 1980's, it was obvious from the enthusiastic clapping, cheers and calls for encore performance the punters loved the band which now no longer features Yorkie. It was a very welcome return for the band to Daveys Bar in Frankston having not played there for a little while.

Unbelievably, there wasn't a single person doing line dancing but there were plenty of country music lovers in the crowd. No wonder the Rock & Roll dancers took full advantage of this and kept the dance floor full all afternoon. It was a very enjoyable afternoon and I certainly hope to see the Prairie Oysters again very soon.

Last edited by Jitterbug; 18-08-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Re: The Prairie Oysters at Daveys Bar

I heard The Prairie Oysters not long ago at Ringwood R.S.L. and was impressed in how far they have come in the last year or 2. They are a great band & good to dance to. I hope to be hearing them again soon, too.

They're on again at Ringwood RSL this Fri night (2nd)

Hey thanks guys .. It's been a while since we've played at Daveys and it was great to see so many old friends there. We hope to be back there soon. We're in the middle of recording at the moment so we're taking time off to get it all finished but we will definitely keep you posted .. Cheers Tony
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans - J. W. Lennon