01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

flip flop & fly Lets shag

This guy is 17 yr old and she's 15 woo woo, there is light at the end of that tunnel for the dance scene; if only my legs were this plastic.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

Re: Flip flop & fly lets shag

Interesting video of another style of dancing which according to various on line sources originated from after the war in the 1940's when some white kids started dancing to "black" R&B music when racial segregation was enforced by law in the USA. Commonly called the Carolina Shag, it is basically a 6 count dance like East Coast Swing but done more in a slotted fashion it seems. It is not the same as St Louis Shag which is danced more like eight beat Charleston.

I think the couple probably won't win our local dance competition as it is not "rock & roll" enough but I like the fancy footwork .....

Great to watch, they look like they have rubbery legs!! Makes rock n roll footwork look very slow in comparison. Thanks for sharing, always good to see and appreciate other dance styles.

Hey Joceb thanks, I’ve got a funny story, this happened a couple of years ago, a dancing friend of mine who works for a multinational company had to go to the USA for business and all was arranged, he flew over and was picked up by one of his bosses from the airport, now Steve had never been to America before, but this boss guy knew all about Steve, what he did work wise and his leisure time activities etc, he’d done his homework, so to speak, so they are both in this corvette and are motoring in to the city, Steve is getting filled in on the itinerary for his 3 weeks work in the states, after all the preliminaries of work were discussed it came to leisure time the boss said in a deep American accented drawl, I’ve organized for my Secretary to look after you and accompany you during your leisure time or whenever you need her, and ” believe me she’s a Bl**dy good Shagger”, Steve was astounded, what was going through his head, like holy Sh*t this boss guy has told this secretary, who I don't even know, to go and look after me and give me everything ,ha ha but No! You see a big percentage of Americans call Dancing, Shagging, so Steve had a great dance partner for his whole stay in the states. It’s funny how a word in one country means something else in another.

Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

Loved it thanks gjo