01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies
Aisha Khan (UK) On Tour
Last post by Jitterbug
20-03-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Fender Benders @ Linga longa

What’s in a name and how do we associate it with something? Lets take “Meatloaf” is it that yummy piece of food mum quite regularly made to keep us kids full of protein rich energy food with a little bit of Veg.

No, it’s Mick Aday musician extraordinaire.

Lets take another name at random “Straight 8s” when I think of this it reminds me of the big straight block 8 cylinder Chrysler petrol engine that was installed into a Motor Torpedo Boat which was used extensively by the Americans during the War and of course “McHales navy” TV show was arranged around this type of boat.

No, Victor ONeil and that hi octane Rockabilly Band.

So now we’re on the thinking and analysing track, How about “Fender Benders” do we visualise that chrome bumper or the right hand guard after a minor collision , or how about a flashy red guitar that somebody has gone spastic with and it’s now looking a little out of shape.

No, James Bartram and that well known R&R band that ROCKED the Hall in Yarrawonga last night 15th.

The Fender Benders face book page told it all & it was all premeditated.

The Yarrawonga town hall certainly rocked.

Rockers from all around congregated in that recently renovated town hall to jump, spin, stamp and have one hell of a Dancing party to those mighty “Fender Benders” the disciples of R&R. During the night I lost count of how many people told me “this is just the best band “ or “these guys are fantastic”.
    The Dance floor in the Hall was a breeze, yep, smooth and fantastically fast, it was like gliding on a cushion of silk, and it stayed covered with rockers all night, we had a dancing great time.
    Isn’t it funny how time flies when your having fun.

The country hospitality shone through about half way through the night when enough food of every type you could think of, came out to feed the party goers, including Sushi, those lovely ladies did a little cooking and food preparation, is it any wonder us blokes struggle to maintain proper physique. I know from now on I’ll starve for a couple of days before attending the next country dance over this way.

The Raffle seemed to go for hrs the prize table was jamb packed with goodies including a massive basket of ladies make-up product, all of which had been kindly donated by Gorgeous Gear, Loreal & the business houses of the town of Yarrawonga and district. So quite a number of dancers & one band member the tinniest of them all, left with a lovely prize.
    A big thank you goes to “Linga Longa Rockers” a well organised well presented dance with extras Yum Yum.
    Happy Birthday again to Maree.
    Thanks to James ,Terry & Fred we had a Great time with your music as per usual.
    Wow what a night, what a party, we did it again Ha Ha
    Last edited by gjo267; 16-10-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !