01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thumbs up Rock and Roll to BAN LIVE EXPORT

Melbourne Rally to Ban Live Export is at Parliament House this Sunday, August 14, from 10.30 am.

Best to get the facts from someone who knows what they're talking about: Tony Ryan worked in the cattle industry and lived in the NT where he studied and reported on rural industries. This is what he has to say.

Check out the newly penned song, performed by The Black Spurs…

"It Ain't Right" – The Black Spurs

Herd them into ships, to sail the open seas
    The lucky don't survive, the stress and disease
    To feeding lots far and wide, on foreign sovereign ground
    To take their final rest before the butcher's killing ground

Live ban, live ban, live ban, live, animal rights
    Live ban, live ban, live ban, live, it ain’t right!

Slaughter box is open, leg ropes tied and bound
    A mighty slap as the Brahman’s back, hits the concrete ground
    One by one they follow, trembling in their stride
    To face the blade of the butcher’s trade, conscious and alive

The politicians argue, the experts disagree
    Live export is no answer, let’s end the suffering
    Let’s start to think it over, find a better way
    Cause right is right and wrong is wrong stand up and voice a change

I can’t say for you, but it's plain to me
    It ain't right to mistreat life, cause pain and misery
    We need to feed the world, every family
    But not forget to show respect for all that lives and breathes

(c) GG Twang 2011
    Last edited by Hepkitty; 12-08-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Re: Rock and Roll to BAN LIVE EXPORT

Nice post, hepkitty. I like the band and the morality. It ain't right!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It aint right, it aint left, it will cost Australia dearly if we do .. I think It's easy to say.. Hey That's wrong! But at what cost to this country?. Are we to stand alone and make a point to the world? Like they give a **** about us, a symbolic statement, an un- thought of stand.. Wheres plan B ? what are you going to replace it with ? How much will it cost ? Who will put their hand up? Death of the heart of our country, another Tax Maybe?.. As a tax paying Australian May I Protest against the protesters, and Why not?. I pay My taxes! This country Is up the creek, on the run policy, from Refugees to Carbon, and now cattle.. Shame Australia.. Oh and before you accuse me of being a Liberal, I've always Voted Labor,I wish I could Vote again just so I could Vote those Tree hugging, Cafe`latte sipping never left the inner suburbs Green imbeciles OUT!...
    This is my Opinion for what it's worth..

Nice Music Hipkitty not sure how it would dance though, I'll give it a run when my chick comes home.
    Maybe some good talent here, what do you reckon.
    I'm with you Frank not sure whether hipkitty is into steak or grass either way the Indos need protein and beef is a sure way to give it to them, it also allows aussie to export goodies for monitory gain & this basically boosts our economy, there was talk of value adding, killing the cattle over here in oz, and sending over cryovaced & frozen, that fell in a heap, you see the indos don't have refrigeration, Hipkitty maybe your friends can pass the hat around and send over a few thousand freezers,and a couple of dozen container loads of generators, so it's back to getting the meat fresh for them, and the way I see it Steak is basically a piece of dead cow, how that cow becomes steak is the indos problem not ours, we're just supplying a quality product on demand, and getting paid for it.
    It's like GHM selling a Holden car;If you need a car GMH will supply, GMH don't give a S**t if you alter it, bust it up, or scrap it.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

I think the song is about cruelty and respect of life (other than human, of course) but what would I know? And what right have the "Black Spurs" to express their feelings?

It still ain't right!.

Quote Originally Posted by gjo267 View Post
    Nice Music Hipkitty not sure how it would dance though, I'll give it a run when my chick comes home.
    Maybe some good talent here, what do you reckon.
    I'm with you Frank not sure whether hipkitty is into steak or grass either way the Indos need protein and beef is a sure way to give it to them, it also allows aussie to export goodies for monitory gain & this basically boosts our economy, there was talk of value adding, killing the cattle over here in oz, and sending over cryovaced & frozen, that fell in a heap, you see the indos don't have refrigeration, Hipkitty maybe your friends can pass the hat around and send over a few thousand freezers,and a couple of dozen container loads of generators, so it's back to getting the meat fresh for them, and the way I see it Steak is basically a piece of dead cow, how that cow becomes steak is the indos problem not ours, we're just supplying a quality product on demand, and getting paid for it.
    It's like GHM selling a Holden car;If you need a car GMH will supply, GMH don't give a S**t if you alter it, bust it up, or scrap it.
    MY GOD!
    what a heartless unbelievably insulting remark to make!
    Referring to an animals life like car parts!!
    NO animal deserves to have their eyes gouged out or their tails twisted until they break just because they are an animal and cannot speak for themselves.
    This behaviour MUST be stopped, I fully support the work of the RSPCA and I am in shock at people like yourselves that just shrug and think who cares.
    An animals life is no less than a humans and in many ways more important as they do not have the voice to speak for themselves- WE must do it for them.
    SAVE OUR ANIMALS FROM UNNECESSARY CRUELTY AND PAIN!!
    Find the bastards performing these cruel acts and gouge their eyes and break their limbs!
    GO RSPCA- BAN LIVE EXPORTS!!!!

Thumbs up to everyone else- It ain't right!!

My God nothing, a tree hugger with a lot to say about why we shouldn't, but no solution in mind, just a hard arsed attitude with no real Conviction or idea what it will do to human existence,or industry, yep leave it the greenies they'll fix it. Of course we have regulations and laws in place to protect animals.. I see no reason to BAN ANYTHING as long as procedures are adhered to, that's why we're shipping livestock to Indonesia because officials are satisfied. Unless some brain can come up with a Real solution, I'd leave it to the people who know ...

Cliche's will never solve a thing. I'm one of those folk who remember the American War in Vietnam when it was left to the "people who know" and 3.5 million people in Nam were killed - mostly civilians; more bombs dropped in a tiny nation than in the entirety of WW2, 55,000 US soldiers killed, 520 odd Australian soldiers killed and many more still with burnt out minds, forests still denuded from poison poured on them and the soldiers fighting under said trees, all caused by the "people who know". These same people now admit that "we" were wrong. WE were never wrong, THEY were wrong. So much for the officials knowing what is right or wrong. I served in the Australian military and wear my medals with pride, but I will never be proud of what was done to that country, and my discharge is an honourable one. Just as I will not be proud of a nation which condones creulty.

Musicians such as John Schumann from 'Redgum' right through to John Lennon used music to help bring that crazy war to an end and mucicians like The Black Spurs are doing the same for the cruelty to animals who have no voice, just as those against the war had no voice in the 60's.

Public opinion is strongly opposed to this cruelty, not just those who are referred to as greenies and/or tree huggers. Most people have respect for life whether it be human or other animal but most will stay right out of this argument, and I don't blame them. Who wants to be castigated in the way Rocking Sweetheart has just been?

This thread was started to promote a band who believed in a matter of conscience. It has become political. The Black Spurs didn't make it political, nor did Rocking Sweetheart or me. I don't believe that this is the forum to be discussing politics and I don't think that many contributors will disagree with me.

Finally, it still ain't right, just as the American War in Nam wasn't right. The principle involved is identical. We all have the right to our opinion and to express it without the fear of facing castigation.
    Last edited by cirrus; 13-08-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Well lets just say, that I disagree till someone can show me a better cheaper, cleaner way that we can all benefit from, not just some half witted, irresponsible, un thought of way of doing things, with out considering the impact, and all of the variables...

The media makes a big deal of an issue, government reacts under public pressure, industry reacts and bags government, media then focuses on the poor farmers affected by the ban. Media neglects to mention $20million relief fund for cattle farmers.

Bad policy is bad policy whatever the current goverment and i have about as much respect for news media as well.

peace out, make love not war

Smile Re: Rock and Roll to BAN LIVE EXPORT

Whatever.

This is not the forum to discuss these matters. It will only cause divisivion and may even affect the willingness of folk to contribute. Not a good thing to see the more respected members introducing politics and name calling.

My final contribution to this interesting thread.