New record broken at Lt Maria’s “Christmas in July” rock & roll dance! A very cold night outside yet close to 400 rockers attended the last dance which is a new record. One of the biggest progressive cha cha line up I have ever seen. And Santa was on hand on the night to give out little goodies to everyone. No wonder the joint was packed to the rafters.

Can it get any better? I am sure it can and will. Lt Maria never ceases to amaze me with her package of surprises and theme nights and one gets to dance on one of the best dance floors in Melbourne. No doubt Lt Maria’s dance is the place to go if you want to dance all night long to a variety of bands plus if you love progressive cha cha and all the other line up dances. It’s great value for money if you are interested in rock & roll dancing, music or just meeting up and having fun with friends.

A bonus for those who turned up at Lt Maria’s tonight – a demo floor dance routine by the Alleycatz’s 8-week wonder. Great dance moves and choreographed – see video below. Enjoyable to watch and probably more satisfying for those who took part which is just reward for all the hard work they have put in to learn the dance routine.

Also want to make a mention about Andrew, the 2011 Victorian rock & roll dance champion, who also attended the dance tonight. An excellent dancer to watch obviously but I was also very impressed with his willingness to dance with anyone who has asked for a dance. Couple of videos of him dancing with those lucky ladies ……..