0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Ray Harris (ex-Gorgeous-Gear) passed away

So sad to hear of Rays passing Fond memorys come flooding back of when we all were competing in compettions. You and Mary allways looked so relaxed of the dance floor

You are a true friend and will be sadly missed condolencies to Mary and Family

Love Jivecatz Nigel and Linda

On behalf of the Lakeside Rockers I would like to pass on their deepest Sympathy to Ray`s family and his dear partner Mary.

It`s with sadness that I speak about the fond memories I personally have of Ray who was once a member of our club. I first met him and Mary competing on the dance floor in the 90`s, they were great dancers and Ray had a really cool style, as hard as we tried we could never beat them. But it was all fun and they had a great love for rock and roll. Then when they gradually started up the` Gorgeous`business our club had many dealings with them and found Ray to be very polite, very professional, genuinely helpful and as he said the business was `more a vocation than a business`. The `Gorgeous` website was really amazing and he was very proud of it as so much hard work went into it.

On the 2010 `Rock the Boat` cruise Ray and Mary seemed to have a ball together . One night there was a competition for 4 couples to get up on the stage and be asked questions about each other while their partner was taken backstage. Ray really wanted to do it according to Mary, so they were picked from the audience . It was hilarious, some of the answers Ray & Mary gave about each other had all the packed audience in hysterics. It was a joy to watch and of course they won. These great memories and many others will stay with us all forever ....

Janet vanDeelen

So very sad to hear initially of Ray's illness and now his passing. Deepest sympathy to Mary, family and friends.

Maryann & Cliff

Like I guess so many others Ray sold me my first pair of dance shoes. But it wasnt just the sale it was the time he took to explain things and point out what would suit and what wouldnt and so on. I knew right then he was a genuine bloke. Over the years my thoughts never changed. A very sad loss to Mary and the Rock n Roll community as a whole. May he rest in peace.

We were greatly saddened when we heard that Ray Harris had peacefully passed away last week with his family by his side. Our sincere thoughts are with Mary and all the family at this sad time but we know that they will celebrate Ray's life of achievements in true Rock n' Roll style. We only knew Ray and Mary for 4 1/2 years but we very quickly found them to be such excellent ambassadors and sponsors of the RNR movement. Ray was such true, genuine gentleman and his RNR knowledge was extraordinary. Cheryl and I bought our first shoes and shirts from Gorgeous Gear in February 2007 at Barham and have been doing so ever since. Nothing was ever a bother and their service was always excellent.
    Together with Joe and Beryl T., we all shared a memorable RNR holiday on Long Island in Sept. 2008 where we never have laughed so much. The cameraderie we all shared with them and Geoff and Sue Routh and all the Footloose Rockers was priceless, whether it be at the lessons, in the pool, playing mini golf or dancing the night away!! The highlight was the the Village People demo we did, with Mary as the policewoman, Joe as the bikie, myself as the construction worker and Ray as the cowgirl!! We have never seen such a promiscuous naughty girl as that which Ray portrayed that night when he kept flashing "her" undies at the crowd!
    When we found out that Ray was put back into hospital, I contacted my future daughter - in - law Kate who is a physiotherapist there, to see if she could visit him and he was tickled pink that she could drop in and pass on our regards. I think her visit brightened his day.
    We will miss Ray's warm, friendly, genuine personality and we are sad that that we cannot be there to farewell him. He and Mary have truly touched our lives for the better as they have for so many of the RNR family in Australia and beyond.
    Rest in Peace Ray.

Greg and Cheryl Gin, Barham Rock and Roll Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Mr. Cool on the dance floor, professional, yet caring in business.
    Dance Comp's, Gorgeous Gear or even just as acquaintances... everyone knew Ray & Mary; and to know them, was to immediately like them.
    Ray was a lot of things to many people and will be missed tremendously.
    Our heartfelt condolences go out to Mary and their family, and our thoughts are with you.

Jo & I are thinking of you in your time of loss.

Ray always had a smile...... Ray always had a joke........ that's the way I'll remember him.

Rest in Peace.

Jo & Rocky
    Well said Jo & Rocky. Ray & Mary, just the best couple, hard to imagine one without the other. And always willing to help anyone with a smile on their faces. My condolences to Mary, her family and Ray's family and their friends who will all feel his loss deeply because he was just that sort of person who made his presence 'felt'.
    Cec

We were greatly saddened to hear of the passing of Ray Harris. He was always a lovely lovely guy to chat to and such a cool rocker in his own way. Many conversation were had with us at various dance venues, and we will always treasure those moments. Our heartfelt and sincere condolences to Mary and Rays families..

Ray may you rock on forever and always be at peace mate xx

Dale & Grace

The loss of Ray will put us to the test but it really does go to say, that God only takes 'The Best'.

Hugs and Thoughts are sent to his family and friends.

Bob and Tracy, Swan Hill Rockers
    Hugz N Gigglz Razz

We are saddened by the loss of a great friend and colleague, Ray was both an inspiration and a person to look up to. Our thoughts are with Mary and their family through this difficult time.

He will be missed by all the people he has touched during his life and his memory will live on in the legacy he has left behind in the Rock and Roll scene.

Rest In Peace Ray.

From Lisa Morris, Jade Williams and the cluBarham team.

How sad to hear of Ray's passing.
    I have been out of the R&R scene of recent & just heard of the great loss of a true gentleman in Ray Harris always had time to stop & say hi or crack one of his funnies.

Ray you sure will be missed by many.

My condolences goes out to his much loved Mary & family.

May you rest i peace Ray.

Tony Dee & Tracey Lee.